Double Hung Timber Windows
Double Hung windows are a popular choice of window for period and contemporary homes.
We have a range of glazing options available to improve the energy efficiency of your new Double Hung windows.
So whether you are replacing period windows or looking for new windows for your new home or renovation, Double Hung windows are a great choice.
Click on the tabs below to view a more in depth description on Double Hung Windows, how they work and what their benefits are. A choice of hardware options is also available to view.
The Double Hung window is a traditional style of window perfect for period and contemporary homes. It consists of 2 sashes that move up and down. The bottom sash slides up and the the top sash slides down to open.
Double Hung Windows are a popular choice of window type for many reasons.
- They are a period correct style for many older buildings.
- They provide a beautiful traditional look to new or old architecture.
- Double hung windows are great for airflow through the home – When both sashes are opened, hot air is allowed to exit from the top whilst drawing in cold air through the bottom sash.
- They are fitted with Schlegal draft seals to minimise air leaks.
- They can be used with fly screens.
You have the choice of using several different kinds of operating mechanisms for your Double Hung windows, depending on your budget and style of your home. There is the traditional Weight and Cord system, a Counter Balance System or Spiral Balance System. Contact our sales team or visit our showroom to work out what system would suit you.
A sample of Sash Lifts and Fasteners
We can supply timber framed fly screens with aluminium or stainless steel mesh to use with Double Hung Windows. We can recommend an installer for aluminium framed fly screens.