Timber Awning Windows
Suitable for both contemporary and traditional buildings, timber awning windows are a timeless investment
With over 20 years’ expertise designing and manufacturing high quality timber windows and doors, Whetstone Windows & Doors can provide the perfect window awnings for your home. A very popular choice for many applications, we offer a huge range of styles to suit your needs.
Providing good airflow while protecting your interiors from unexpected rain, our awning windows can come with a variety of glazing options to help you improve your home’s energy efficiency. Depending on the hardware used, these windows can also be locked at various open positions for constant airflow whilst having the security of a restricted opening.
Hinged at the top and opening outward, the entire sash opens to provide full side ventilation alongside with full protection from the weather.
- Great for ventilation and improving air quality in your home
- Ideal for bathrooms and laundries where increased ventilation is often required.
- Although Awnings are not quite as good for ventilation as casement windows, they have the added protection against rain.
- Awning Windows can incorporate double glazing to maximise energy efficiency.
- They seal tightly for minimum air leakage which can keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer. They are also completely water tight when closed.
- Awning windows can be fitted with insect screens.
Awning Windows are used mainly in contemporary architecture, but can also be used in period homes if required.
The Awning window can be open and closed by an awning operator, an automatic actuator or a chainwinder. The operators open and close with incredible ease and come in a range of colours.